Reports to the Head of the On-Site Energy Production platform.
The Energy Solutions Business Unit (ES-GBU) is delivering rapid growth of its portfolio for decentralized power generation assets under key segments: 1) On-Site PV & Storage, 2) On-Site Utilities (cogeneration, cooling, power, heat, steam, etc.), and 3) Street lighting PPP concessions
Manage actively the portfolio of GCC assets
- Perform ad-hoc analyses of the historical and forward-looking performance of the asset
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the asset contracts including PPA and concessions, off takers, service agreements, O&M, LTSA and EPC agreements
- Drive asset optimization projects and opportunities including project due diligence, financial analysis, and quantification of value creation, implementation and closeout through cross-functional deep dive events and team collaboration in order to achieve financial value in excess of performance targets
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of energy markets, market fundamentals, and regulation
- Interface with equity partners to ensure that issues are being resolved and that the asset is operating as intended
- Drive initiatives across the portfolio in an effort to improve fleet performance by facilitating solutions with input from all the relevant departments of the GCC ES team and ENGIE Group resources
- Perform when required look backs regarding particular items
Ensure operational strategic dialogue and strategy execution
- Understand strategic performance and business positioning of GCC decentralized generation activities and of its competitors in the sector: market trends, business drivers, sources of competitive advantage, and future impact of the current strategy, …
- Ensure a regular follow-up of peers’ strategies and publications
- Ensure understanding and rollout of the ES strategy throughout the GCC
- Review of regulatory development in core geographies and assess the impact on the Group’s strategy and business
- Deep knowledge and understanding of decentralized power price formation in key markets and challenge price assumptions in project files;
- Work with AIFA for the assessment and implementation of sell-down scenarios and capital optimization, requiring constant monitoring of market appetite for ENGIE’s decentralized assets, keeping a close relationship with AIFA, financial institutions and potential buyers
Support growth opportunities
- Analyze and develop ownership options of assets to build a resilient and sustainable portfolio
- All other different duties as required.
Team and work environment:
- This role is part of the On-Site Energy Production team in the GCC, shared with the Local Energy Networks platform for street lighting.
- The team’s main goal and mission is to:
- Be instrumental in the definition of the GCC decentralized power operational strategy in line with the growth target of the ES GBU GCC
- Implement a dynamic asset management framework for the pipeline of projects and portfolio of assets
- Contribute to the partnership rationalization dynamic throughout the different geographies of the GCC ES GBU
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the value drivers of the assets throughout the life of the projects
- Analyze business development opportunities in close collaboration with the different departments of the GCC ES GBU
- Understand and analyze market trends in the GCC
- Analyze the competition.
- Internal interfaces:
- at Group level: BDSO, DOP/IPOS, Global Care, M&A, AIFA, Legal, GEMS …
- at ES-GBU level: MD GCC, Operations, Finance
- at country level: GM for each country, operations.
- External interfaces: partners, lenders, lawyers, advisors and other consultants, …
This job offers a unique opportunity to get an overall view of ES-GBU business in the GCC: the Asset Manager is in charge of monitoring and managing ES decentralized energy investments and he/she represents ENGIE towards equity partners. It benefits from high visibility, both from an internal and external standpoint.
- Mandatory pre-requisites:
- Min. Bachelor or Master’s degree (engineering, management, finance, economy…)
- Minimum 7 years of experience, out of which min. 3 years during which the candidate has been in charge of the coordination of different fields of expertise (e.g. negotiations, business development…)
- Fluency in English; French, Arabic and other languages are a plus.
- Experience in and ability to work in close collaboration with multiple GCC geographies.
- Hard skills / specific knowledge:
- Deep understanding of value creation drivers in the ES sector (PV, storage, cogeneration), including operational, commercial, and financial
- Good understanding of corporate and project financings
- Experience in negotiation and contract management
- 3 to 5 years of recognized international expertise and experience in multidimensional transactions and projects, within and/or out of the Group.
- Strong and proven analytical skills, and knowledge of financial and risk management skills.
- Strategic vision and business acumen
- Multicultural skills and experience
- Interpersonal relationship and communication skills
- Change management skills, open-minded and support for change.
- Ability to work in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Soft skills:
- High collaborative mindset
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Ability to handle complex analyses and situations.
- Strong synthesis skills
- Autonomy and leadership
The role is based in [Dubai, UAE], with travelling in the GCC.
SCOPE AND LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
Outline the areas of responsibility assigned to each person, including where duties may overlap and who is ultimately responsible for the finished product or service. Also, specifically, describe the level of authority the person has over other people and the function