The Data Center Facilities BMS/DCIM Operator is responsible to supervise and control the operation of the building management system (BMS) & Data Center infrastructure Management (DCIM) System and monitor all Electrical, ELV, and fire/life safety equipment, HVAC plant activities of the Data center building services within the data center is operating at peak efficiency. Maintaining and monitoring the level of temperature in equipment’s, Trouble notifying against the DCIM alarms. The Operator serves as an expert technical resource reporting and interacting with onsite Engineers and any third-party vendors. Data center equipment that supports mission-critical servers must maintain better than 99.999% uptime.
Reporting To: Facility Engineer
Department: Facility Management
- Operates and maintains Building Management System (BMS) for proper function and monitors the DCIM against approved benchmarks to include; HVAC, Lighting, Fire Suppression, Generator, Plumbing, and Electrical
- Carry out routine checks for correct operation of all control equipment as directed by Facility Engineer
- Monitor the operation of the HVAC control systems using the BMS/DCIM to monitor performance.
- Adjust variables and provide adjustment as required to ensure systems are operating correctly within parameters
- Monitor and record values of HVAC systems to build up a database of records to provide data for energy efficiency improvement.
- Communicate all maintenance and repair actions in writing for information to management as required.
- Should follow the Protocols if any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise at any time.
- Monitors and verifies operation of all BMS/DCIM field devices.
- Adjusts BMS settings and parameters to meet changing conditions, i.e., Load, Environmental, Customer needs, etc.
- Records maintenance data and generates reports as needed.
- Maintains job card documentation for all Alarms or changes to systems and/or equipment.
- Monitors of fire detection alarm system, such as smoke detector, heat detector, sprinkler, and emergency exit, in coordination with Safety Function.
- Monitors of Water tank supply level alarm, air handling unit, fresh air handling unit.
- Monitors and controls the Fire pump system, motors, sewage pump, electrical system, water system in the Data Center building.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned by his Facility Engineer
- Daily checking healthiness of all facilities equipment’s and keeping daily logs and records of all maintenance functions.
- Create the Job cards in CAFM (FSI) Mobile App as per Site requirements and close the Job cards which Engineer assigns.
- Responding promptly and efficiently to emergencies calls.
- Review and understand equipment and methods of operation, Electrical systems, ELV system, fire/life safety, and other systems.
- Comply with all safety procedures and requirements
- Support any afterhours building needs and activities as required
- Attend training sessions and seminars.
- Other assigned tasks as requested.
- Working knowledge of Electrical & ELV systems including secondary distribution, HVAC System interior systems
- Ability to read CAD Drawings, single-line diagrams, and rough shop drawings
- Possess strong knowledge in multiple skilled trades (electrical, HVAC, plumbing, etc)
- Requires ability to analyze the operation of various infrastructure systems, determine the cause of problems/malfunctions, and take corrective actions as required
- Trained and experienced in BMS/DCIM operation.
- Vigilant with attention for detail.
- Excellent computer operation skills.
- Ability to deal with emergency situations in a calm manner. Integrity, commitment and courteous.
- Following instructions & Procedures.
- Good English Communication knowledge is required
- Good Working Knowledge of PC systems, and CAFM Mobile Apps
- Persistent and self-motivated.
- Excellent organizational skills and initiative to learn and take on new responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to meet demanding time constraints.
- Self-motivated and independent.
- Excels with ambiguous situations as a chance to show leadership
- Strong team player with the ability to influence/develop/maintain relationships with internal/external contacts.
- Articulate, friendly, and diplomatic with the ability to negotiate.
- 2-3 year BMS/DCIM Operator Experience in Data Center Facilities Management Field.
- 5+ year Total Experience in Data center Facility Management Field.
- DC certifications will be an added advantage.