The Commercial Manager is in charge of implementing the subcontracts with equipment suppliers and installation sub-contractors. He/she oversees these contracts to ensure all terms and conditions related to scope, timing and costs are respected. He/she will work closely with the engineering and design office as well as the installation team. This role is key in coordinating efforts and playing the interface between design and installation. The Commercial Manager reports to the Project Director.
Reporting To: Project Director
- Implement subcontracts with suppliers of LED and PLMS
- Implement subcontracts with installation and O&M subcontractor
- Setup and negotiate the final contracts with the power cables supplier
- Ensure the Purchase Orders are executed, and material is received on time and as per the POs
- Focus on logistics matters to ensure on-time delivery of quality-compliant material
- Inspect Material received on site
- Coordinate with the Installation Manager to track the performance of the installation subcontractor
- Coordinates training of installation and O&M resources by suppliers
- Over the duration of the Design & Installation phase, is responsible to apply all the penalties the suppliers and installation subcontractors may face because of a delay, defect, or lack of performance.
- In case of non-performance, a supplier and/or subcontractor will propose new sources of purchase and will be responsible to conduct a full new procurement process.
- Ensure the terms of warranties are properly negotiated and in line with the main contract and the Company expectations, for the duration of the contract (O&M Phase).
- Ensure Energy Savings and Performance KPIs are as per the client’s and PPP contract requirements and are applied on a back-to-back basis.
- Set up all the contractual KPIs with suppliers/subcontractors and ensure they are properly managed.
- Strong organization skills, really project oriented.
- Very good negotiation skills (negotiation tactics and planning).
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently.
- Good soft skills such as influencing and persuasion.
- Good financial analysis skills.
- Strong public lighting projects procurement experience is a plus (aptitude for lighting technologies).
- 10 years of experience in Procurement and supplier’s contracts management ideally for street lighting projects or other city infrastructure works across the Middle East region
- Experience in risk management
- English (required) / Arabic (strong advantage) / French (desirable)