With solid operational and commercial experience, the Deputy Project Director supports the Project Director in coordinating the team, coordinating with the client (the Municipality) and ensuring compliance with Agreements and that terms and conditions are implemented. As such, he is responsible for the proper management of financial, legal and operational risks to preserve the operation’s profitability and to ensure the service quality vis-à-vis the client.
Has the qualifications, experience and decision-making power required to organize, ensure and control the planned or realized services, and to cope with exceptional events. Ensures the quality and safety procedures are consistently applied and makes the link between the various internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting To: Project Director
- General organization of all activities & services to be implemented in accordance with the terms of the contract
- Ensure compliance with costs, deadlines, contractual performance, and implementation of all human and technical resources within the consortium
- Ensure proper implementation of the Project Agreement as well as tracking and properly documenting changes
- Manage Suppliers and subcontractor contracts,
- Secondary point of contact for the municipality’s management
- Secondary point of contact for key local stakeholders’ representatives (police, fire brigade…)
- Ensure investment profitability
- Negotiate potential additional services necessary for proper contract performance not included in the initial scope
- More precisely:
– Overall project coordination:
– Organise and attend Monthly Steering Committee meetings with clients and main contractors
– Report to the board and attend board meetings when needed
– In the absence of the General Manager, organize regular meetings with installation & maintenance main contractors.
– Implement adapted means to realize the services in accordance with the contract specifications
– Oversee and ensure the implementation of a quality action plan and quality control.
– Oversee and ensure the application of health and safety regulations.
– Oversee and ensure the application of Municipality of Abu Dhabi’s building site rules & standards, including road safety
– Implement and coordinate the communication plan.
– Financial management of the contract and invoicing process
– Interface with the client
– Reply to customer requests.
– Communicate qualitative reports to the Municipality, carried out using the CMMS tool, in coordination with the Methods Manager.
– Manage and monitor the contract’s key performance indicators.
– Develop and monitor the progress plan.
– Propose improvements and new solutions to achieve and exceed objectives
- Has the qualifications, experience and decision-making power required to organize, ensure and control the planned or realized services, and to cope with exceptional events.
- Ensures the quality and safety procedures are consistently applied and makes the link between the various internal and external stakeholders.
- 15 to 20 years overall engineering and general management experience in implementation network, preferably with strong international exposure
- 10 years of experience in project/contract management across the Middle East region, ideally public-private partnerships
- 5 years of experience specifically in street lighting construction management
- English (required) / Arabic (strong advantage) / French (desirable)