The Installation Manager reports to the Project Director and deals with all practical aspects of site installation and commissioning. He/she oversees the preparation/tracking of the overall schedule and progress of work and coordinates the activities with the Work Coordinators, suppliers, and installation sub-contractors.
Reporting To: Project Director
- Acting as the operational interface with the SPV and the Client on-site for the implementation of the project,
- Directly managing two Work Coordinators,
- Reviewing and approving procedures related to installation and commissioning,
- Validating the completion of each milestone and reporting it to the Project Director
- The Installation Manager will be directly responsible for the on-time delivery of the project works under a time-certain, cost-certain contract.
- Ensure the safe execution of the works.
- Report the work progress in real-time.
- Define, with the help of the workshop coordinators and subcontractors, any schedule slippage or delays and identify mitigation measures to keep interim and final milestones
- Coordinate the resourcing (manpower and equipment).
- Organize the installation works and corrective actions on site.
- Update the program to match the milestones.
- Implement the QHSE plan on-site and in collaboration with the HS Manager.
- Ensure the quality of the work.
- Ensures compliance with labour regulation, safety, internal rules as well as environmental requirements (prevention plan, …)
- Ensure the installation subcontractors obtain and execute all necessary work permits and licenses.
- Provide technical advice and instructions.
- Ensure interface with Project Director on all matters regarding resource flexibility and means (staff allocation planning and schedules).
- Leads weekly construction site meetings.
- Attends coordination meetings and writes synthesis execution plans.
- Writes up works proposals.
- Makes proposals for solutions supporting the progress of the works.
- Supervises Work Coordinators.
- Manages all issues related to working implementation to find the timeliest solutions. In case of delays, he/she will liaise with the relevant authority or client.
- Proactively rescheduling installation subcontractors’ teams’ activities depending on joint activities issues not identified previously.
- Ensures schedule compliance while maintaining quality and safety and environmental standards
- Responsible for all supplies and logistics matters (in coordination with the Procurement and contracts Manager).
- Prepares work site general conditions (in particular, writes up the site management plan).
- Consolidates detailed scheduling and progress monitoring plans.
- Strong organization and scheduling skills
- Very good skills in logistics and planning
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently
- The Installation Manager candidate must perfectly know the functions of the working coordinator and team manager, that he coordinates.
- Strong public lighting installation experience is a plus
- 15 years of experience in city infrastructure installation work across the Middle East region, ideally street lighting retrofit experience or similar works in streets, boulevards, and highways, while traffic is active.
- Must hold an advanced technical, project management or engineering degree.
- Experience in the network works or work on public streets is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license.
- English (required) / Arabic (strong advantage) / French (desirable)