The Lighting Design Engineer will report to the Lead Lighting Design Engineer and to the Technical Manager. He/she will oversee all the technical activities related to the lighting equipment. He/she will guarantee the design projects are optimized from a technical point of view and done according to the timeframe, and that the final luminaires for each design are within initial cost (with a TCO scope: CAPEX & OPEX based on energy consumption).
Reporting To: Lead Lighting Design Engineer
- Coordinates Technical questions & exchanges with luminaires supplier.
- Responsible for the lighting design (check and optimization of designs done by the lighting engineering team) and its performance.
- Challenge the design (in terms of lighting performance according to customer requirements, Energy efficiency and costs), both with the internal team or with the supplier team.
- Provide technical advice in relation to the lighting equipment, to improve the global project efficiency.
- Build, follow and report technical KPIs of the project to the Management, including the management of the lighting measurement to be performed, according to local standards and regulations.
- Responsible for meeting the milestones and deadlines of the project.
- Interface with the Contracts manager, for the material purchase and the warranties claims supportive information.
- Provide necessary information/documentation to the Lighting control integration lead and to the Data Manager.
- Will need to work jointly with Lighting Control Integration Lead to ensure luminaire capabilities to communicate and validate onsite configuration and management.
- Follow-up international standards and lighting organization in order to propose to authorities any changes to local design & guidelines which could be of interest.
- Substantial experience in performing lighting designs for all types of Street lighting roads, with a high knowledge level of international lighting standards in UAE.
- Proven ability to act as discipline lead on multi-disciplinary projects, including reviewing internal production and proposing external orientation.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office software particularly MS Excel, Word, MS Project, Power Bi
- Proficient in discipline design software particularly DIALux or Dialux Evo.
- Experienced in the preparation of KPIs reports
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills, both with his/her team and internal/external exchanges
- A team leader, goal-oriented as well as the main performance driver for his/her teams.
- 8 years of experience in outdoor/indoor lighting design and installation for international projects, ideally across the Middle East region, and more than 3 years as team leader of technical teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Engineering (Electrical or equivalent)
- Valid driver’s license
- English (required) / Arabic (strong advantage) / French (desirable)