Reporting to the Head of Cogeneration GCC
ENGIE is committed to reshaping the energy future through the global implementation of a lower-carbon energy economy to preserve the world’s natural resources. We are looking for talented and driven people who are committed to making the vision a reality.
As the On-Site Utilities Project Development Manager for ENGIE Solutions GCC, you will work within the cogeneration team and be responsible for all design and site layouts for Cogen design, development & installations throughout the GCC. Your work will be provided to installation contractors, geotechnical firms, permitting authorities, clients, and system owners as part of the complete design of the cogeneration systems. You will collaborate with various departments on requests to develop, design, and optimize the projects.
Our Cogen projects typically mix power generation alongside dry air, steam and cooling, depending on the needs of each customer. Our teams ensure that we offer the best technical solutions with long-term economic benefits for our clients.
- Commercial development
- Engage with customers to understand their challenges and needs for energy and utility supply
- Engage with equipment suppliers and contractors to establish strategic relationships with first-class suppliers, and obtain information about technology trends, innovations, performance, pricing, etc.
- Prepare high-level technical solutions to be presented to potential clients.
- Work in coordination with the development team to prepare techno-commercial proposals.
- Keep constant contact with ENGIE group support resources to validate your analysis, identify new solutions and share knowledge.
- Engage with local stakeholders to manage all sorts of permitting and authorizations (SEC, Ministry of Energy, SWCC, Aramco, WERA, etc.)
- Take ownership of the relationship with prospective customers in your country of location
- Technical development
- Evaluate potential project locations for site suitability, geology, hydrology, topography, and other relevant characteristics to inform cogeneration System Design
- Potential travel to perform site assessments and due diligence fieldwork throughout the GCC in support of project bids, environmental studies, surveying, and construction activities.
- Support sales and project development departments by sizing potential customer sites using satellite imagery, publicly available land data, and Cogen system design experience.
- Design Cogen system including selecting racking/mounting equipment, designing access roads, and drainage plans, performing relevant calculations, erosion prevention, and other tasks throughout the design and construction process
- Assemble system drawing sets in AutoCAD for purposes of bidding, permitting, and construction in accordance with ENGIE’s design standards and methodology
- Prepare and/or evaluate technical specifications for foundation designs and construction site plans from contractors; Assist the Supply Chain department in running RFPs and managing the installation, civil, and geotechnical sub-contractors
- Document completed installations for client as-built drawings for purposes of operations and maintenance
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to meet the highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally in English and Arabic
- Ability to use a computer, calculator, etc.
- Eligible for a hybrid schedule consisting of in-office and work-from-home opportunities
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical and/or civil engineering
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a similar position, designing thermal cogeneration power generation projects and producing construction drawing sets and documentation, ideally in a power systems industry, is preferred
- Experience with Adobe and Office suite
- Experience in AutoCAD 3D and GIS
- Flexible attitude and technically proficient
- Creative thinker, first-rate problem solver
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Contributes to companywide strategy
- Communicates effectively (written and verbal)
- Encourages innovation and taking ownership of projects
- Strong engineering knowledge and develop leadership skills
SCOPE AND LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
Outline the areas of responsibility assigned to each person, including where duties may overlap and who is ultimately responsible for the finished product or service. Also, specifically, describe the level of authority the person has over other people and the function