The Project Manager shall be responsible to successfully plan, manage, execute, complete and handover multiple projects related to Data Centre whitespace IT services, electrical small works, mechanical small works
The key responsibility is to ensure timely completion of projects within approved budgets on costs and resources without compromising on quality and safety using internal staff as well as subcontractors and sub consultants.
Reporting To: Project Manager
- Plan, organize, and participate in implementing retro-fit works, decommissioning IT racks, nes installation of electrical circuits and HVAC units.
- Defining project scope and perform project estimates.
- Manage all aspects of the design.
- Ensure project estimates are accurate and the project scope is executable within the budget
- Oversee and coordinate the submission of material submittals, drawings, and method statements for client approval
- Obtain, Coordinate and oversee subcontractor project executions
- Prepare project implementation schedules
- Communicate project, subcontractor and package updates to line manager.
- Plan, oversee and complete all startup, testing and commissioning functions
- Review subcontractor BOQs and invoices for accuracy and completion and verify subcontractor completed works are in line with contract requirements
- Create project commissioning plans and system specific templates and tests for subcontractor testing
- Coordinate with clients on project documentation, health and safety requirements and subcontractor compliance
- Oversee various contractors and internal staff during design, specification, bid, installation and management phases
- Support procurement team in creating project RFPs based on project requirements and float them for tender and bidding in the market
- Manage approvals, completion of work and payment of project consultants and contractors
- Make site visits to verify and confirm project performance/QHSE and operation
- Maintain organized project files and information for reporting to client, invoicing and company performance in company standards and format
- Monitor project budgets and schedule and oversee performance to ensure on time, quality and on budget project execution, manage invoicing of all works completed.
- Prepare periodic reports for management including status of budgets, variance/change claims, schedules, disputes, up-coming activities & safety records.
- Ensure that the health and safety requirements are provided and that they comply with authorities regulations.
- Provides guidance, managerial, technical support to complete project team.
- A highly self-motivated, ambitious individual
- A person with a high sense of urgency and a pro-active approach to problem solving
- High energy and action oriented with professional presence
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel when needed to project sites
- Knowledge of building systems, energy technologies, green building and high performance design
- Team-oriented, hands-on, highly skilled, adaptive, and client-focused
- Knowledge of MEP construction and subcontracting (HVAC, electrical and controls preferred)
- Proven track record on completing projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical, Electrical Engineering.
- Project Management certification.
- Energy Professional certification – Certified Energy Manager preferred
- 7-10 years’ experience in IT/MEP Construction engineering position in Middle East
- Expert skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Microsoft Project or Primavera
- Good spoken English
- UAE driving licence