The Service Operations Center Manager will be responsible to build and manage a 24×7 Service Operations Center (SOC) by leading a team that performs work order scheduling using a CMMS and monitoring alarms received via the BMS and EMS systems, including helpdesk activities.
- Perform all staff management activities, including hiring, training, performance management, and developing staff, including ensuring that staff is fully trained on all support processes and procedures
- Provide 24×7 Management escalation and oversight for the SOC staff and incidents
- Build a team to perform all work order scheduling for preventative and corrective maintenance activities as well as incident management activities including driving troubleshooting bridge calls to resolution; diagnosing impact on the organization; documenting throughout the event appropriately; and ensuring that After-Action Reporting and associated corrective actions are completed
- Build a repository for alarm response, activities, escalations, and resolution actions
- Assist in development and enhancement of preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance procedures, standards, and timelines
- Ensure that customer communication requirements are met and promote a positive customer experience by translating technical details and status updates into clear, concise customer-facing summaries
- Collaborate with fellow team members and technical support teams to develop processes and procedures
- Interface with internal departments to collect requirements and documentation to identify process improvement initiatives
- Suggest and manage strategic programs by gaining support for ideas, best practices, optimizations, proposals, projects, and solutions in ways that are consistent with the values and mission of the organization
- Communicate regularly with management on issues, constraints, and project status
- Effective management of operational processes, including the maintenance of the process document library and associated governance.
- Ensuring Client SLAs / KPIs and Customer satisfaction expectations are achieved.
- Partner with the Account Teams / Site Delivery Teams to ensure that all planned preventative and reactive work orders are managed through to completion.
- Conduct 1-1s, and PDPs, setting objectives, and development plans.
- Proactively identify any potential areas of improvement and propose improved ways of working with the Management team.
- Provide timely and effective reports for meetings with key Account stakeholders and will manage Account escalations when needed.
- Build strong networks with the Account Team and Customers, in order to empower collaborative working and positive outcomes.
- Motivating self and Team to drive performance.
- Ensure quality monitoring auditing processes are in place.
- Drive a culture focused on employee engagement, process efficiency and robust operations.
- Implement, own & manage all associated Service Operations Center systems, e.g. IP telephony, FSI, Facilio, CMMS systems, ERP, Cloud hosting, workforce optimization, etc.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Understanding of facilities management and the types of assets found therein
- Have a strong understanding of reactive and planned maintenance works – including making safe and incident management.
- People management experience and ability to coach Team Leaders in the management of our people.
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Relationship-building and influencing capabilities
- Management experience within a Command Center and/or Call Center environment
- Advanced analytical and decision-making skills, finding trends and making recommendations based on the data available
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service to Stakeholders (internal and external)
- Customer-focused and responsive
- Advanced knowledge of and skills in IT, IoT, Automation and CMMS applications.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology, Business Management, related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Operations experience in a 24×7 environment
- 3+ years of Management experience
- Facilities Management, Energy services, high-tech, or rapid-growth industry experience is required
- Knowledge of critical systems, physical security, network connectivity, IOT systems, IT cloud infrastructure and CMMS configuration is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 360Suite – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint and Visio
- Prior experience with ITSM, CMDB, IOT and CMMS software is required
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual thinking, and decision-making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and team leadership
- Ability to predict challenges and proactively minimize roadblocks
- Fluent in English
- Proficiency in Arabic is highly valued