National Bank of Kuwait
2019 - 2020
National Bank of Kuwait (NBK) has designed and constructed a new Data Centre facility, that is Uptime Institute Tier III Certified for Design and Construction. NBK also has a DR Data Centre that is Uptime Institute Tier II Compliant for Design. These two facilities will serve NBK’s Data Centre needs as Active-Active sites.
ENGIE will provide services via a pool of qualified individuals within the areas of Information Technology Engineering and consultancy, to develop policies and procedures related to the Data Centre. This will cover all equipment and installed systems, including mechanical/electrical, physical security and access controls.
Scope of Work
Development, implementation and certification of facilities management services of NBK data centres, expected to serve NBK for the next 30 years. Four different phases will cover the works by:
- Develop a comprehensive training programme for the identified key personnel who will manage the facility
- Escalation and call-out procedures for the assigned staff and consultant support for designated critical systems and equipment
- Detailed integrated approach to operational management, including all facets of the data centre operation (Facilities, IT, and Security)
- Establish MMS requirements to maintain performance/trend data on equipment and history of maintenance activities
- Development of consultant call-in process and points of contact for pre-approved and qualified technicians
- Provide report reflecting FM performance with respect to the identified KPIs
- On-job training programme for each employee for systems, operations, maintenance, procedures and policies for the operation of data centres
- Uptime Institute Tier Certification (Gold) for Operations and Maintenance, and the Maintenance and Operations stamp of approval.