Annual Energy Reduction
Uberlandia is today ranked among the 60 most intelligent cities in Brazil according to the Connected Smart Cities 2019 ranking, especially in the areas of technology and innovation, the environment, mobility, and accessibility. Uberlandia is the 2nd largest city in Minas Gerais State, and it has 690,000 inhabitants.
Here are some efficiency goals of the city:
- Reduction of Public Lighting Costs through energy saving and maintenance optimization.
- Investment to modernize its Public Lighting Park.
- Ensuring Operation and Maintenance of the public lighting park for a long-term period of time.
Scope of Work
- More than 87,000 lighting points
- 100% LED Replacement
- 20% Smart Lighting i.e. remote control of lighting along the city’s main streets (Telemanagement)
- Flood lighting of 12 historical sites
Uberlândia benefited from this project:
Better quality of service and security
Savings of at least 49.39% in public energy consumption
Reducing cost impact due to the dedicated tax stabilization