Our client, Aldar Properties, is one of the most trusted and recognised real estate lifestyle developers in the UAE. As a socially responsible leader in the real estate sector, Aldar understands how crucial it is to take proactive measures towards reducing their carbon footprint. The primary step to achieving this goal was to fully understand their energy consumption and put in place measures to ensure that they are efficient across all owned and managed assets. Aldar Properties (‘Aldar’) in 2022, launched a portfolio-wide energy management project to reduce their energy consumption.
The ENGIE Solution: Optimize energy efficiency across all assets
Aldar was committed to reduce their energy consumption, by approximately 20% across 80 assets including hotels, schools, commercial, leisure, retail, and residential buildings. Aldar partnered with ENGIE Solutions to reduce their energy emissions that also enabled them to save approximately AED 40 million per year in energy consumption costs.
The 2-year contract that offered energy efficiency solutions included:
- ASHRAE LEVEL II energy audit
- Infrastructure operation and maintenance of all public realm assets including potable water
- Irrigation, storm and sewerage networks and their respective pump station and reservoirs including HV/LV power networks
- Operations and maintenance of the roads network, street and landscape lighting and traffic signals, as well as canal marine facilities, beaches, pedestrian bridges, site offices, welfare facilities and security management services
- Chilled Water (CHW) Pumps
- DX Unit
- Utility Systems