Angers Loire Metropole has 290,000 inhabitants including the city of Angers and 28 other cities located in the western center of France. The city wanted to transition to a smart city, accelerate their energy transition, improve public services for citizens, optimize public services costs and increase the overall attractiveness of the city.
The ENGIE Solution: Public lighting infrastructure
ENGIE implemented the public lighting infrastructure solution that would focus on decarbonization and environmental sustainability with tools for effective management, facilitating data-driven decision-making across various parts of the city. This included:
- Public Lighting and Traffic Light Management: Overseeing a network of 50,000 lighting points that ensured operational efficiency while accommodating future advancements in lighting technology. Traffic flow and pedestrian safety was optimized with intelligent traffic light management solutions
- Public Buildings Control and Monitoring: Key performance indicators were put in place to ensure optimal building functionality, occupant comfort, and energy efficiency.
- Water and Sanitation Management: A real-time management system for water and sanitation services that would monitor and respond promptly to fluctuations in demand and supply, thereby adopting resource-saving measures
- Waste Management and Optimization: A framework that promoted user accountability and minimized waste generation and reduced environmental impact. Deployed a network of 30 cameras to detect unauthorized dumping and ensure proper waste disposal practices
- Parking Management and Traffic Flow Improvement: Integrated a network of 600 parking sensors to optimize traffic flow and alleviate congestion across the urban landscape thereby improving overall parking management and enhancing the accessibility and convenience of parking spaces
- Safety Hypervisor: A comprehensive safety hypervisor system that monitored and ensured the safety of various urban activities along with an advanced surveillance and response system to proactively address potential safety concerns