Kuwait Green Mosques - Pilot Project
May 2018 - present
Kuwait Green Mosques Pilot Project was created as a project to contribute to Kuwait Vision 2035, established by His Highness Emir Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmad Al-Sabah. The milestone of the project was an inauguration ceremony on the 14th of May 2018, with the Ministry of Islamic Affairs (AWQAF) and the Ministry of Electricity (MEW). The event took place at Fatema Abdullah Al Awadi Mosque in the Khaitan area, and all solutions and savings were presented to the attendees.
Scope of Work
ENGIE implemented Energy Conservation Measures (ECM) following an energy audit of the mosque. Savings are monitored through a Smart Metering System.
- More than 30% savings on electricity consumption
- No change of comfort during prayer time
- Energy Conservation Awareness for Muslims
- Smart Metering System installation: Real time monitoring of electricity consumption
- ENGIE support 24/7/365 through call-out feature