The development of low-carbon smart cities, driven by digital technologies, is one of the most remarkable accomplishments of the 21st century. These cities enhance the lives of residents by providing previously unimaginable digital services that simplify daily routines, increase fulfilment, and enhance security. However, the transformation of cities is still in its early stages. As citizens’ expectations rise, urban populations grow, and energy efficiency and sustainability become more significant, coupled with ongoing upgrades to government systems, the pace of progress and innovation is expected to continue unabated.
ENGIE’s core ambition lies in creating energy-efficient and smart cities of the future. To achieve this, we have developed a wide range of expertise focused on decarbonizing cities by implementing energy-efficient street lighting, connectivity, and traffic management systems. These initiatives aim to improve environmental sustainability, enhance urban safety, and introduce new services for citizens and municipal utilities. Our offerings include:
- Outdoor smart street lighting: Comprehensive networks and lighting solutions for various developments, public spaces, and roads
- High-energy performance lighting solutions: Control of lighting duration for specific neighbourhoods and sites, modulation of light intensity based on seasonal or event-based requirements
- Implementation of smart management systems: Advanced systems for remote management, supervision, hypervision, smart lamp posts, smart lighting, light bubbles, individual lighting control at each light point, detection of available parking spaces, and real-time monitoring of traffic conditions
- Architectural illumination: Specialized lighting solutions to highlight and magnify monuments and iconic spaces
- Low-carbon mobility: Sustainable mobility options that contribute to reducing carbon emissions
- Integration of 4G/5G WiFi hotspots: Smart street light network that seamlessly integrates WiFi hotspots to provide connectivity to residents and visitors.
- Environmental protection and sustainability: CO2 monitoring, air quality assessment, and noise monitoring to ensure a healthier and more sustainable urban environment